Discipline for Learning
At Baldragon Academy we believe that our most important task is improving the learning of all pupils. We intend to give teachers as much time as possible to spend on teaching and to cut down on time wasted dealing with disciplinary matters. We have developed a system called Discipline for Learning.
The system is based on 3 basic principles:
- A set of simple, straight forward rules.
- A system of rewards for pupils who choose to follow the rules.
- A set of sanctions which come into effect when pupils choose to break the rules.
The system is based on consistency.
- The rules will be the same in every classroom.
- The rules will be applied in the same way by every teacher.
- The rewards will be issued by every teacher and available to every pupil.
- The same sanctions will be applied by all teachers.